Omg we’re in April, how did that even happen? I know it sounds super cliche but the last four months have been a whirlwind. Given that I’ve had a short blogging break (basically lots of faffing meant I haven’t had the inspiration to write!) I thought I’d start with a little update on my #18for2018 goals and what’s happened in the last four months.
Here’s a little reminder of the goals I set way back in January and where I actually am with them now:
- Reorganise office and complete filing – I actually achieved this and it (was) so much tidier but now I need to do it again 🤦🏼♀️ I fear this is going to be a never ending cycle of sorting out
- Keep tax expenses up to date – winning at life on this one although now comes the tax return bit for 2017/2018 urgh
- Take a photography course – I was gifted a street photography course for Christmas and did it with my mum on the coldest day in March. So cold that it was snowing! However, I did learn a lot and cannot wait to put that new found knowledge into action
- Post consistent and quality content to Instagram – hmmm this is totally subjective, I’ve been posting consistently and I hope it’s quality but that’s down to you dear readers to judge!
- Find a podcast I LOVE and subscribe to it – I not only found one podcast but four which I completely adore and listen to every single week. I love them so much I did a whole blog post about it. Check out my favourites here.
- Write regular blog content and post twice a week – ok so the year started well but the last couple of weeks have dropped off a bit, I think this might end up being a recurring theme throughout the year – although I hope not.
- Stick to a consistent skincare routine – hello Glossier, Clarins and Kiehls welcome to my dressing table and thank you for being kind to my face!
- Reduce credit card debt – meh, what can I say?!
- Read one book a month – After living in my area for the last five years I finally joined the library, I am that person who happily skips off and loses myself on a Saturday morning choosing the books I want to read for the next month. I think i’ve already read more than my goal of one a month. Any recommendations, i’d love to hear them!
- Lose a stone in weight by the time I go to Greece in May – ummm, I’ve lost a bit but nowhere near as much as I’d have liked to by now. Damn you Easter eggs
- Exercise regularly even if it’s just a 20 minute Body Coach workout at home – I invested in a Fitbit and it’s making me so much more motivated and aware of how much time I was just sitting at my desk. I’m now making a conscious effort to smash my steps target on a daily basis.
- Curb my spending and stop buying pretty things that I don’t need – ummm moving swiftly on………
- Say NO more – decline invites to things I know won’t make me happy or I won’t enjoy – this one hasn’t actually come up or been needed yet
- Visit museums and exhibitions I’m interested in, don’t put it off and then miss out e.g. book tickets to the V&A for the Winnie the Pooh exhibition before it ends on 8th April – gah I faffed and missed Winnie the Pooh! I’m so cross with myself, lesson learned for the next eight months – book the tickets
- Attend at least four blogger events (obvs this only works if I’m invited!) – yay I’ve been to one with the lovely John Lewis team at the the Chelmsford store and really enjoyed it
- Learn a new language, maybe Spanish? – I’ve got another 8 months, that’s long enough right?
- Take regular social media breaks and live in the moment more – i’ve been quite good with this at weekends and have been trying really hard to not just aimlessly scroll through Twitter and Instagram for the sake of it
- Enter and train for a 10k – ummmmmmmmmm